Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to the Drawing Board

addie_doodle_red_091508.jpg

I was in San Francisco for 2 nights and while I was away,
Cap told me that he was watching TV
and heard a scratch, scratch, scratch.
After some investigation, he found Addie
sitting at the office desk drawing away – at 10 pm -
well after she had already gone to bed.
Lil trickster.

"I draw faces, Mama."
I hope this won't be followed by "I see dead people."
Addie told me when I got home that the figure
on the right had ponytails. Very stylish, I’m sure.
The hieroglyphics that run along the bottom
is the alphabet, which Cap said she was reciting while writing.
Question is, who's alphabet?
There is one character that sorta looks like the Omega.
Opa!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilike it. Damian Hurst. I can get Addie hooked with Sotheby's

Anonymous said...

We gotta get some good pics of Addie drawing at the desk. She looks like such the little scholar and always puts the caps back on the pens and replaces them in the drawer when she's done.

Anonymous said...

this one i had to print and hang. and put on my background. marcia

auntie snorg said...

This is brilliant. I love her faces, and i also love that she's so detail oriented that she points out the fabulous pony tails! when do i get my framed pics?

JB said...

I am totally impressed by this art! These woudl be great greeting cards ... Keep drawing Addie!

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear Addie's stories about the people. Are they individual? Are they relating to each other?

I think the middle person is asking the ponytailed person to dance, and the turtle person has a tray so they must be at a restaurant or bar. Everyone is having a good time!