Saturday, September 06, 2008

the painter in the tub

_MG_6641r.jpg
What was that pink ring that the Cat in the Hat couldn't get out of the bathtub?* Well, let your toddler illustrate themselves with tempura paint, and you'll find out how to create it yourself. Tempura paint doesn't dissolve in water as much as it reduces itself to a fine dusting that clings to your tub. Just remember not to use your mother's white dress to clean it off.




* I had to do a little google research to learn that the pesky cat ate cake in the bathtub, but I'm still not clear if it was the cake that left the pink cat ring residue or if cake is just circumstantial evidence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riotous laughter from Gran! Addie obviously had a wonderful time.

While you all thankfully spared me crayons and magic marker on the walls, I well remember Jennifer's thorough pinking of a white cat with my lipstick (Yuki was able to handle the clean-up alone), with corresponding coloration of her yellow flannel sleeper.

auntie snorg said...

Addie definitely takes after me in the coloring of things. Granted my canvas was a white cat, and Addies' was herself, but still. I love to see the creative side of her come out... even if it left a sad Cat in the Hat dusting of the tub!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that body painting has made a comeback. Addie you are cutting edge!