Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Best Friends

_MG_6373.JPG

This is Erica, Addie's best friend.
Erica's last day at school was today.
We only found out a few days ago.

She's off to Korea for the summer to be with her grandparents and then to kindergarden. I'm heartbroken for Addie. I want to protect her from being hurt but I think I'm more upset than she is right now. I also think I might be overreacting and Addie will be totally fine and take it all in stride. I've moved around more than most kids and I survived. I even thrived. But I got to be the person leaving, not the person being left behind. Oh little Addie, don't be sad!

_MG_6374.JPG

4 comments:

Gran said...

What adorable girls. It would be great if they could have playdates, but kindergarten is such a big step from pre-school. What is important are the qualities of the friend, and of the friendship. Good choices, supportive friends, mutual respect and trust and so on, will become lifelong expectations in the people with whom she surrounds herself.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah -
I found your blog while doing some research on Andi's House. My husband and I are having our first child, and trying to find a good daycare for when I go back to work after leave. There don't seem to be a lot of options in the WeHo/Miracle Mile area for kids under 1. I didn't see a direct way to contact you, so I hope you don't mind my leaving a comment here. If you have a chance (I'm sure you're crazed with two kids, work, etc.), I would greatly appreciate it if you could drop me a line at tamara.krinsky@gmail.com, as I'd love to find out more about Andi's. Thanks so much.

sq gmail said...

Hi Tamara! I'll shoot you an email. Andi's House gets the thumbs up!

Bethany said...

But thanks to the innerwebs, hopefully they'll keep in touch :-)