Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Celebrations (plural)

_MG_6518.JPG

Addie's birthday party is a total blur. I only took about 4 photos unfortunately and the ones from Disneyland are even worse. At one point in between the pizza and the cake, Addie ran past me; I gave her a big hug, wished her happy birthday and she said, "I love you." I guess if you aren't going to remember much, that moment is pretty good.

Ah Disneyland. We took off from work to avoid the weekend crowds plus we had a built-in babysitter for Eliza - school! Addie was super excited and remembered a lot from when she was last there a full year ago for her third birthday - no Nemo! While she claimed last year that she loved Pirates and Haunted Mansion she insisted that we skip them this time. We of course did It's a Small World which she loves and added to the repertoire - Peter Pan's Flight (very cool), teacups (not as puke-inducing as I thought which was good), and Storybook Land (pokey but sweet). She was also tall enough for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, a real roller coaster. She had her hands over her ears the entire time but when we got off she said she liked it. Last year she was too small and I was pregnant so this was a big moment! My favorite is still the Buzz Light Year ride. Cap was a noble father and husband letting Addie and I shoot Zurg while he shouted words of encouragement.

Addie joined the ranks of the other mini-princesses, wearing her Sleeping Beauty costume and her birthday button. After a 75 minute wait deterred us from Princess Fantasy Faire, we thankfully got to see Princess Tiana, Alice in Wonderland, Cruella deVille and the Fairy Godmother walking around the park. She tasted her first cotton candy, had rainbow sherbet and immediately fell asleep when we got to our car. We picked up Eliza from school glad that she was there all day and excited for next year when she just might be big enough to join us (or then again maybe we can wait until she's 2).

Unfortunately, by the time we got home I could tell I had the flu but my body made it through all of Addie's birthday celebrations before conking out. We still have a few presents to open too!

_MG_6524.JPG
Actually eating the cake part of her rainbow/my little pony cake - a first!

DSCN0342.JPG
Waiting in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

DSCN0348.JPG
Preparing herself. She approached all rides with her ears covered, eyes open though.

DSCN0363.JPG
Smiling on the teacups

1 comment:

Gran said...

Hope the flu is conquered. You and Cap worked hard and made a beautiful day for Addie and her friends. That "I love you" from her says it all. I'm a teacup girl too, Addie!