Saturday, June 30, 2012

Floaters

Camera Roll-1630
Last Sunday we started swim lessons for the girls after taking a 6 month break. I was frustrated with our old swim school as I didn't feel like Addie and Eliza were progressing fast enough. I'm super excited about starting them at this new one. The focus of the new school is all about water safety first, then strokes. You must be able to jump into a pool fully clothed and float. Safety first!

Both girls took swim assessments and I was shocked when the they ended up being placed in the same level - Level II: Floaters. Eliza, I was told, has great floating potential and was very comfortable in the water. Addie, was strong enough to be in the next level up but not until she can master the art of floating on her back and know when she needs to use it in an emergency. After her first class on Sunday, her teacher (although he was a substitute) said she was definitely ready for the next level up and could possibly move at her next lesson - now that sounds more like it!

I am really excited to get them both really swim safe this summer and I know this school is the right choice.  The girls are super excited to go too. We were lucky to get a spot for each girl in private swim lessons at the same time on a weekend but it means stopping Eliza's gym class, at least for now. Choices, choices.

1 comment:

Gran said...

I am sorry about Eliza's gym class because I know she enjoyed it, but I agree the swimming skills are important. Looking forward to hearing about their progress!