Friday, June 08, 2012

Popsicles, Butterflies and Ball Pits

Camera Roll-1581

We said good-bye to Gran last Saturday morning after a lovely 2 week visit. Now that she's retired we get to enjoy longer and more frequent visits from Mom. Addie remarked after she left, "I forgot how fun Gran is." What a sweetie!


After art class, the girls ate the orange juice popsicles they had made with Gran the day before. It was a tough lesson for Eliza in delayed gratification. That afternoon we visited the butterfly pavilion at the Natural History Museum too. My favorite were the monarch butterfly caterpillars. We also saw a lot of California Dogface caterpillars too which I learned is our unfortunately named State insect.

Sunday after Eliza's class, I somehow convinced Cap to go to IKEA. The idea was to check out the outdoor furniture and bunk beds. I was actually impressed by their super duper cheap model (only $159!) but can already see that I'll be apoplectic trying to pick a color to paint the raw wood. I like the idea of teal or orange but have a feeling I'll chicken out and paint it white. We didn't actually buy it yet. While the minivan is big, it can't fit all 5 us and a bunk bed and there isn't a huge rush to get one anyway. I've always wanted these gorgeous Jenny Lind twin beds with trundles from Land of Nod for the girls room but the space (and cost) savings offered by the IKEA bunk bed is alluring. Decisions, decisions.

Camera Roll-1603
The ball pit is pretty cool and the free babysitting is very much appreciated. She looks like a cranberry here.

2 comments:

Gran said...

Oh, delayed gratification! So unfair! Addie did have me check if the popsicles were frozen yet, but the stem came out with no pop attached. So sad!

I love the bunk bed idea. I think if you later want to separate them into 2 twin beds, there are finials that can be purchased for the lower bed to finish off the posts. Plus, if you know which model, Cap and Mitt I am sure would LOVE to be hunter/gatherers and bring the bunk bed home. :-)

mit said...

These photos are kind of magical.