Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Camper

Camera Roll-1793

Addie just finished a week of soccer camp. While I know Addie would prefer anything but, I wanted to give team sports a shot. While sports are very much not my strength, I didn't want to assume the same for her. After the first day she wanted to ditch soccer camp for science camp. I almost did it too and then Cap talked some sense into me. It's 4 days. She can handle soccer camp.

On day one she said she didn't like it when all the kids tried to kick the ball at the same time. By Friday she said she was having more fun and was able to get a few kicks in herself.  When I asked if she got a medal, she said she didn't know they were giving them out and that if she had she wouldn't have spent the day wandering around the field. Ha! Monday she starts a week of 3-D Art Camp. I'm guessing she'll be a happier camper next week.

Camera Roll-1802
I wonder if she's the only camper that decorated her soccer ball.

3 comments:

auntie snorg said...

yay for soccer camp and swim lessons. will camp monterey be in their future?!

Gran said...

I am so glad Addie went to soccer camp. It may not be her "thing," but it is important she be exposed to team sports. I also like her making soccer her own - great decorated ball!

Pop-Pop said...

Love that pop art girl!