Monday, November 13, 2006

A Hike in Franklin Canyon


Sunday was warm and clear so we took to the hills - Beverly Hills. I was pleasantly surprised to learn you can go hiking just 15 minutes from our house in Beverly Hills no less. I had to shoot some slide film for my photography class, a technical assignment about depth of field, but we also brought our trusty point and shoot along as well because I haven't had much luck with my slides to date. In the first assignment my slides were so over exposed that many were just white light. Then for the second assignment I must have loaded my film wrong because they came back all black. I'm hoping this time I'll be able to see the images. Fingers crossed.

I love watching Addie be curious and excited by the world around her. Everything must be viewed and then stuffed into her mouth for further testing and exploration. She truly savors nature.

Addie seems eager to try solid food as she looks longingly at everything we eat. Many babies start as early as 4 months but our pediatrician recommended we introduce solid food closer to 6 unless we were really eager. Stinkier poo? I think we can wait. There is also a history of food allergies in the family so I'd rather err on the side of caution. I think she's ready now and we have a box of organic rice cereal ready to go.

Check out a few more photos from our romp around the lake.

1 comment:

jannepone said...

Beattiful Addie! Beautiful Cap and Sarah! Beautiful photos! Thank you so much!