Friday, January 25, 2008

Save Yourself


Today I turn 29+5 and this is the best gift I could have given myself. Ladies - do yourself a favor and get the book (or the audio CD from the library like I did). There is nothing better I could do for myself, my daughter and my family than plan for my own retirement and put myself on the road to financial freedom. Treat yourself. Drink the koolaid.

Also, Didi is in surgery today for a subtotal colectomy. She's my bestest Deeds friend in the world so send her good thoughts.

Deeds Update: 3:06 PM. Didi's surgeon called before her surgery letting us know that her kidney levels were not improving and could pose a problem post-surgery. After a few calls and lots of tears on my part, everyone including our surgeon thought we should go ahead. Several hours later, the surgeon called again to say that Didi was waking up from the anesthesia but they had to abort the surgery because of sudden and very rapid heart rate that they could not control. So, she's resting now and we may get to take her home tonight. Tomorrow she's going in for a consult with a cardiologist and depending on the results, we might try the surgery again next Friday. Poor Deeds!

10 comments:

jannepone said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!

And best thoughts, Deeds!

Genevieve said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!

and good luck to Didi.

jamie said...

happy happy happy 29+!! (and sending get well deeds vibes her way, too.) xoxo

auntie snorg said...

Poor Deeds.

Happy birthday Snorg - I hope you opened the Fed Ex!

Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday luvie! happy deeds too!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, precious Sarah-cakes! I know one of your best birthday presents will be a healthy, long-lived Deeds who won't get constipated and who will develop better elimination control.

Thank you for your book recommendation! Your gift to us! I have ordered 5 copies, 1 for me and 1 for each of my McHenry ladies. We are going to be very intentional about reading and following these excellent recommendations. It isn't too late to prepare for tomorrow!

Love,
Mom

jannepone said...

I so hope you post letting all of us know how Deeds is.

Anonymous said...

Lucky Deeds to be so loved. I hope the consult goes well. Keep us posted!

Bethany said...

Happy belated, Miss Sarah! Sending good thoughts to Didi - and so is Lola!

Reid said...

aww - poor Neon. poor Q. I hope all will improve. sick pets are worth many tears.