Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


We're home! And no frost here - mid 70s.


We flew back from Michigan last night with a very sleepy girl in tow, arriving home too tired to wait up to ring in the new year. Didi was excited to see us and as a christmas present of her own, she left a nice turd under the tree for us. Not kidding either. There it was on the tree skirt waiting for Addie to discover this morning.

We had a wonderful and relaxing time with my dad and family. Addie and I both got chest colds so we mainly stayed inside where it was cozy. In spite of all the r&r, I did manage to get out of the house a few times - once to see Santa and drink peppermint schnapps hot cocoa and twice to see football (pro and college), before driving Up North to stay at a lovely house on a lake.

For the last 10 days while trying to fall asleep at night, I've been composing oh so witty tales of our trip in my head but now that I have a few moments while Addie naps, I can't seem to recall what I wanted to share. Perhaps I'll just rely on a few photos to do the talking for me.

Christmas Morning Clutter - a Q. Family Tradition.

Defeated by Santa's generosity

Snow-eating snow angel

Um. Is that not the spookiest Santa ever? You can whisper a name to one of the lovely ladies dressed in ye old turn of the century attire and Santa will boom from his balcony, "Why, I see that Addie is here tonight."

Addie takes her first carousel ride. I wasn't sure if she was enjoying herself but when the ride was over she cried that she wanted to stay on it.


Cap, Dad and Addie relaxing at the lake house which was generously loaned to us by the senior pastor at my Dad's church.

Frozen, snowy Platte lake


Check out the slideshow of our trip to Michigan here. We already miss Pop Pop, Nana, Uncle Drew, Uncle Brother and Auntie Snorg and want to thank all of them for showering Miss A with lots of love and attention.

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

looks like you had a great trip!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas! Sorry about the runny noses and ear infection, but what a lot of memorable things you all did!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Sarah (all 58) with a meditative wintry feeling.