Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

_MG_8252.JPG

My day went a little like this:

Told Addie I was going to dress her in blue in honor of Election Day.
She tells me she wants to wear red.
I frown and dress her in blue.
Cap dropped Addie off at daycare and we waited in line for an hour to vote.
Voted for The President along with way too many propositions and measures (fingers crossed on No on 8).
Have nostalgic feelings about voting in person and getting my I Voted sticker,
but am thinking next time I'll just vote by mail.
Rear-ended an Obama look-a-like with a matching I Voted Sticker (no damage thank goodness).
Worked.
Picked up Addie and told her we were going to watch Obama on TV.
Cap, Addie and I ate frozen pizza and watched election results.
Drank champagne, Addie dipped her finger in it a few times.
Election called.
History made.
Finish off the champagne.
We try to get Addie to say "Go Obama!"
She mumbles something that sound disturbingly like "Palin."
Addie toots in Cap's face.
And we know it's going to be a good 4 years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a night. No sleep for us Eastern Time Zone folk. Stayed up to hear and see Chicago Obamamania and THE speech. Glad Miss A could celebrate if only dipping a finger in the bubbly. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

auntie snorg said...

i love cap's myspace t-shirt! I am envious of your election night. I spent it with a big bloody mouth laying in bed eating mush.
stupid dentist!

I LOVE addie's tattoos! She's my idol!

Anonymous said...

A recessive (political) gene child. Oh, my!

What a time to be alive. Fingers crossed on Prop 8. I look forward to seeing the new administration take shape. They have a pitbull without lipstick in Rahm Emanuel, a brilliant and highly focused organizer with an electron microscope attention to detail.

Erin Shook said...

Hey, thought I'd check in on you and your "turd". :) Looks like you're doing well. Loved the Halloween pics! Take care and keep in touch. I've really missed you since you left NBBJ. GO OBAMA!

Bethany said...

been lax in my daily reads of the addie blog... have to say this is the best election coverage of all! XO