Monday, November 17, 2008

The First Picture Show



Saturday morning we took Addie to her first movie in a theater - BOLT, and in 3D no less. Well, technically it's not her first. Her first first movie was another Disney flick, Cars, which I took her to when she was 3 or 4 weeks old.

This time, she sat on Cap's lap and didn't move an inch until the credits ran. We had popcorn, drank Sprite and all three of us had to get "wanded" going through security. You should have seen Addie's confusion at having a stranger ask her to stand with her arms out while they wafted a baton 2 inches from her person. In line I overheard other parents explaining why their kids were being subjected to The Wand. "They are making sure that people don't bring in anything they shouldn't." When I was a kid that meant sneaking in candy from the 7-Eleven not a handgun. Tonight, Addie busted out her two silver baby rattles and "wanded" Cap and I before we could proceed with book time. She'll make a fine TSA agent.

I'm wondering why I feel proud that Addie can sit through a feature length like a zombie, but really I'm excited that I get to go to the movies too.

_MG_8343.JPG

That afternoon, I wanted to get a pet hamster in a ball just like Rhino in the movie, but Cap said I'd just be allergic. Probably true. Instead, we went to the Aquatic Outlet by the airport and got a saltwater tank. I don't know if it was our trip to Hawaii or the one hundredth viewing of Finding Nemo, but we now have a tank with rocks and sand and water. No fish, yet. I guess you have to wait at least 2 weeks before you can bring in the swimmers and the anemones. Addie went bananas when we told her we could get a clown fish just like Nemo.

Maybe Santa will bring us a sea cucumber!

6 comments:

Reid said...

so funny - we did the same thing this weekend. only i'm slacking on the memorializing blog.

Genevieve said...

I am so laughing at Addie wanding you guys before book time.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking Miss A's riveted response as a 4* Review! The movie hasn't made it's way to the hinterlands yet!! Also I'm glad she getting her TSA credentials certified, always good to have a back up career if being cute doesn't always work! Although I can't imagine in her case, cuteness not taking her a long way in life. Love those sea enemies as Sarah used to say!

michelle said...

Oooh - I'm jealous of all the movie opportunities that await you.

auntie snorg said...

miss a is wearing a SUPER cute dress!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea! Aquariums have always been high on your list of wonderful places to visit, and Maui was basically snorkeling in a really big aquarium with lots of neat species. So what could make more sense!

Everyone will look forward to lots of sea creature photos, with Addie transfixed. Will she be naming the new residents?