Sunday, November 02, 2008

Trick-or-Treat!

_MG_7952.JPG

Score!

An Addie dinosaur (dragon), 3 little monkeys, Pumpkin Boy
and a little purple butterfly went trick-or-treating on Halloween night
along with Darth Pone and a Republican.
Addie had been looking forward to this night all week although we couldn't
get to her to say trick-or-treat (or thank you as often as I would have liked).
"Go to Mady, Kylie and Ethan's house!"
"I can share!"
"I'm a dinosaur! Rawwwwwrrrr!"
"I am happy!"
Sugarly loot was scored by all. Hurrah for me!
I've already eaten all of the hot tamales and laffy taffy.
Addie ate a tootsie roll (with wrapper) and 2 lollipops on Halloween and
now we're holding the candy ransom in hopes she might, for the first time ever,
actually use on of her 2 potties we have available. I am desperately trying not
to, well, seem too desperate. No pressure, right?

After our romp around the block, we all came back to the 3 little monkeys' house to continue the party
while the kids spazzed out from sugar, then zoned out to Finding Nemo
while the adults drank beer on the front porch
and handed out the last of the candy.

I'll admit that Halloween hasn't been my favorite holiday in the past,
but getting to enjoy it again with Addie has gotten me in the spirit.
I even want to Target today to score some half-off decorations
including a "fall wreath" which I plan to spray paint black next year.

Boo!

Check out the final installment of Halloween photos from Friday night
on the left side bar.

2 comments:

auntie snorg said...

Darth Pone. I love that you guys are good parents and dress up with the cuties for halloween.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest dragon ever, walking down the street under the protection of Darth Pone.

I loved taking you all trick-or-treating, mostly because you all had such a wonderful time. It was my special treat watching your faces as you caught on to the system: ring doorbell=get candy. After the first few houses, keeping up with you was the challenge!

Encouragement (bribery?) worked with book reading via the nail polish; I have high hopes that potty=candy will as well.