Sunday, July 26, 2009

Comic-Con

_MG_2108.JPG

Cap was at Comic-Con in San Diego for 3 nights to partake in the festivities. Addie and I drove down Saturday to join him - and to take advantage of the hotel pool. I somehow got lost on the way and drove 30 miles out of my way but we made it in time to dine pool-side at our hotel. We splashed poolside Saturday and Sunday, walked the seaport, got a balloon Ariel, ate ice cream, rode a carousel and were pedaled to the Gaslamp district via one of those bike rickshaws for dinner. I even got to see fireworks from our window on the 31st floor. I love fireworks and we missed them this July 4th.

Cap scored a child's pass to Comic-Con and the two of them went off Sunday morning together wearing their badges in search of Spongebob and Tinkerbell (instead finding My Little Pony and Bumblebee from Transformers) while I snagged some more pool time to re-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. One advantage of all 3 of us sharing a hotel room is that we crashed out at the same time and got almost 11 hours of sleep. We think we should never have to work again, but then who would pay for our luxury hotel?

We'll be back in San Diego next weekend for Cousin Esme's wedding and a trip to Sea World. Check out a few more photos from our 2 days/1 night in San Diego.

3 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

that's the way to do it. Piggy back on a business trip. besides who can not love San diego. make the Zoo your next stop. Addie looks great in the pic.

Gran said...

I wondered what a balloon Ariel looked like - so glad you have photos! As usual, everyone had a wonderful time. I am so glad. Poolside is a good place to be as opposed to jostling with 125000 people.

Diane said...

My cousin, Craig Titley, was also at Comic Con. He's a screenwriter in LA. He said it was a blast but then again, he's a real child at heart! I wonder if he had his own child's pass?