Sunday, July 05, 2009

Graduation





Addie graduated from daycare on Thursday and will be starting at her new Montessori pre-school tomorrow. I can't believe it really. We have loved Andi's House and have become close friends with the families of Addie's compatriots. Today, we went to the fourth daycare pal birthday party in the past 3 weeks and it's amazing to think these kids have known each other their entire lives. All three years. I cried on Addie's last day at Andi's House when I came to pick her up. I couldn't help it. I'm just so proud of her. She's growing into such an amazing and wondrous little girl.

Addie's really excited about starting her new school. She told me she's going to make new friends and learn so many things especially about kangaroos. I'm sad that none of her friends from daycare will be joining her but I know she'll make new friends quickly and we will see her old Andi's House pals all the time on weekends.

I hope I don't cry when I drop her off tomorrow. . . or at least I hope she doesn't see me.

3 comments:

Reid said...

can't wait to see photos and hear tell of the first day at the new school

Gran said...

Yet another reason to be grateful to Andi for her excellent care and preparation: Addie is ready to move on, confident about learing new things. And yes, it is hardest on the parents as one stage of life gives way to the next, and greater independence. Addie's future seems all that much closer. And that is thanks to you and Cap as well.

Janice said...

Gosh, she looks so much like a little girl. No longer a toddler! Do post as soon as you can an account and pix of her first day of school!