Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Makin' Cookies

Addie makin cookies

Daddy's home and it's time to make cookies!

Addie is kinda picky with her sweets. Candy - oh my yes. Cake, not thanks but I'll be happy to eat the frosting off (Mama is always waiting patiently behind me so she can finish off her cake and then mine). Ice cream - yes please especially if it's a pretty color like pink, blue or rainbow. Pie - I'll pass. Cookies - not so much until chocolate chocolate chip was discovered.

So that is what we made on Sunday when Cap came back from NY.

This was the first time we've made cookies. There is no particular reason why we haven't made them in the past. I guess I probably felt like the last thing I needed to have in the house was the temptation of homemade cookies by the dozen sitting around. I am seriously still amazed by how much sugary crap I eat at work so having desserts at home is to be avoided. Thankfully, I'm not a big fan of chocolate chocolate chip so the excess are going to Cap's office. This weekend Addie also had two other dessert firsts - pudding and jello. Again, I haven't deliberately withheld such gooey, gelatinous sweets. It never really occurred to me to buy them before. She was tepid on the pudding but the jello she wolfed down. I still don't think I need to have them around the house, but if we should find ourselves dining in a cafeteria, I know she'll find something to eat.

4 comments:

Janice said...

That's so funny - just the other day I was thinking about your cookie-making skills. I'm glad you're passing them on to Addie! Me, I'm a pie woman.

Gran said...

What fun that was! I loved cookie baking with you all when you were small. It appears Addie does too, and she is an excellent taste tester during the process, which is very important.

Odd about dessert preferences. I can forego most if I have to make them for myself, but for some reason vanilla instant pudding is occasionally found in the fridge. Must have calcium!!

I bought a huge tube of 100 cookie cutters, which I almost shipped out to you last week from McHenry. What held me back is the thought of 100 brightly colored plastic shapes which we all know will never fit back in the tube. That, and most of them are large amoeba shapes. That may be a fun visiting Gran in McHenry (one of these years) activity!

Pop-Pop said...

Love the Julia Childs pose!Jen better sign Miss A for a Foodnetwork Cookie bake off show.

Bethany said...

Sarah I love your photos!