Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th Weekend

_MG_2002.JPG

Before we hit this weekend, half of which I'm spending as a single mom without a camera as Cap is NYC for work, I'll conjure up last weekends adventures.

I had spent hours during the weeks and days before the long weekend, desperately in search of an affordable hotel somewhere within a 2 hour drive that had a great pool. I failed. Palm Springs was perfect except it was 110 degrees. Santa Barbara was perfect except hotels were $300+/night. Big Bear, well, seemed shoddy and there is no way I was going to be swimming in a lake any colder than 82 degrees. So we all slept in our own beds, and I managed to get over my I'm wasting a perfectly good 3 day weekend by staying in town.

We didn't really stay in town all weekend though as we escaped Friday morning to Santa Barbara for the day. We went to the zoo, ate Mexican food and rented one of those covered bicycled contraptions and biked along the beach. Perfect. Saturday we watched a cute little parade with Jake and Chloe, played in the kiddy pool and set up our beach tent in our yard before going to a friend's BBQ late that afternoon. Sunday, we swam at the Santa Monica College pool, ate more Mexican food and went to a 2 year old's birthday party. Busy! By the next holiday weekend I'll be on maternity leave either with a new little one or wishing she'd hurry up and come out!

_MG_1957.JPG
Riding the tiny wooden carousel at the zoo.
_MG_1996.JPG
Wide load coming through

_MG_1973.JPG
Addie and Pinkie Pie Pony

_MG_1989.JPG
I dug a giant hole for belly in the sand.

_MG_2025.JPG
Our backyard tent.

Here are a few more photos of our weekend.

1 comment:

Gran said...

This sounds like the perfect 4th! Time at home, time on the beach, and a trip to see the animals. The beach tent is great - and no fierce Hawaiian wind to rip it out of the ground!

I am sorting photos and making albums. There is a lot of little Sarah in little Addie!