Friday, June 18, 2010

The Sun Will Come Out

_MG_6862.JPG

I was so proud of myself for arriving early enough to get a spot in the front for Addie's preschool recital, especially after last winter's guilt-ridden time snafu.

This is how the first song went.
_MG_6848.JPG

Turns out the front row isn't a good spot. Addie immediately started to cry, feeling a little overwhelmed by the sea of parents as well as being so close to us and not able to come over. When I had asked her the night before if she was excited for the spring recital, she announced she did not want to go to school tomorrow. I know the feeling. I have to staff an exhibit booth for work on Monday and I'd rather stick a fork in my thigh.

Thankfully after sitting in our lap for a little bit she was able to jump back into line with her classmates to finish out Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Tomorrow, and Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo and then follow it up with her dance class performance. Some of the kids seemed like the recital was the best day of the lives, others seemed distracted, while others took the opportunity to make faces and goof off. To each their own! Addie loves singing and dancing, but I think she prefers our house as her stage and not the pre-school playground.

_MG_6854.JPG
_MG_6860.JPG

Of course it's all on video too but I haven't downloaded it yet.

2 comments:

Gran said...

She made a wonderful transition, and good for her! Hopefully what she will remember is having done her part in the proceedings, and having enjoyed most of it. And the next recital should be easier for that experience. By the time she gets to making presentations in the office before the board, it'll be old hat. Or teaching herself, or wherever her life takes her. To each of us comes "the moment."

GranJanne said...

Yes, that horrid front row. I dread it, too. Congratuations, Addie! And Happy Fathers' Day, Cap!