Tuesday, October 18, 2011

12 Weeks

_MG_1330.JPG

Today Prof. X is 12 weeks old. If I hadn't had so many complications with his delivery, I would be heading back to work this week. Not that I'd wish to have so much surgery, but I am happy to have the extra time at home. The thought of being back at work and leaving this little big guy bums me out. I am really digging being home with him and helping out in Addie's kindergarten class as a room parent. I have another month before reality strikes and I go back to work around Thanksgiving. In my modest dream reality, we would live in LA and be able to afford a 4 bedroom house with a yard and a dishwasher. Cap would have an awesome job he loves and sell a screenplay, and I could be at home and volunteer at Addie and Eliza's schools.

Xavier is still a mellow, smiling, happy lad. I just got out his 3-6 months clothes and he has already outgrown his bassinet. Cap and I converted our office space last week, which was probably the breakfast room in the apartment's original floor plan, into a little 63 ft2 room for him. It's in an awkward space between our kitchen and dining room so we couldn't really block it off without some construction and since we rent, that isn't a viable solution. Instead we hung curtains to divide the space, set up a crib, bought him a dresser and kept the mini convertible sofa in there. I got a little DIY crafty and made the window shade thanks to some cool cowboy fabric, a standard window roller shade from Home Depot and some fabric glue. I am having a crib sheet made in this rad bark-print fabric from a shop on Etsy where I had one made for Eliza. I can't wait to get it! I also want to make a mobile but am still brainstorming on a concept. I love hanging out in his little space; it's so calming.

_MG_1348r.jpg

_MG_1342r.jpg

2 comments:

Gran said...

I can't believe that is the same room - it is gorgeous! And he has Deer Head to watch over him while he sleeps. The curtain fabric is fabulous. Such a clever Sarah!

mit said...

I feel calm in there too.