Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Soccer Mom

soccer mom

Sure, I have three kids and drive a minivan, but a soccer mom? As far as I know, Addie has never played with a soccer ball and has to think twice whether its a soccer ball or a basketball. A few months ago she asked, "What's sports?".

While I'm completely lacking in any athletic prowess, unless speed eating is a sport, I do think it is important to cultivate an interest at an early age and then stick with it. I tried a lot of different activities as a kid but never persevered with any one thing long enough to get accomplished it. We have Eliza pegged as our soccer star but Addie's lack of interest in team sports may just be from a lack of introduction. We did, at her request, sign her up for tap class which starts on Thursday and she's still taking swim lessons. Right now she's working on perfecting her side breathing while doing the front crawl. Eliza is almost swimming on her own as her instructor removed her arm floatees last week. She's swimming with just one partially inflated on her leg for a little buoyancy while she gets comfortable. Go Eliza! I'm hoping that Coach Rio at Addie's school will help with team sports. Maybe this spring she'll be begging to play soccer and I'll get to earn The Title.

p.s. don't you love the motion lines Addie drew under my arms?

1 comment:

Gran said...

Maybe tennis? Individual but competitive. Golf is so darned expensive.