Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Get Used to It.

Today is day #2 of Get Used to It. I started work on Tuesday and Addie went to daycare. Actually, I was rather surprised by how smoothly everything went considering I was almost catatonic a week ago in anticipation. Cap surprised me at work with a gorgeous arrangement of pink roses that he had sent to my office. Awwww.

Together Cap and I took Addie to her first day at Andi’s House daycare. While we were taking care of the paperwork, Andi whisked Addie over to a play mat that resembled a red, black and white rainforest. Addie was in heaven batting away at all the hanging toys. She has really started to grab things so this was perfect for her. She looked so happy and content when we left, I knew we were not leaving her with a stranger, but with an expert who genuinely understood and loved children. I was chatting with another Mom friend on the phone who asked me how many times I'd called to check-in on her since it was her first day. Um, I hadn't thought to do that, but I'm big on guilt. Cap and I conference-called Andi and got a glowing report that Addie was doing really well. Phew!

In further praise of Andi, she thinks our little munchkin is very advanced for her age. (don't you just hate parents that brag?!) She told Cap today that she wouldn’t be surprised if Addie started to walk at 9 months (average is about 12). Andi might say this to every parent but I'm willing to believe it anyway. Tumbleweed Addie is already rolling all over the place, grabbing at toys and now eating her feet – most definitely the sign of a child prodigy! Obviously, she doesn’t get any of this apparent athletic prowess from me!

When I got home from work today I realized that I only get to see Addie for 2 hours each day which seems criminal. One hour in the morning and one in the evening making that time so precious. We’ve started to get back into a normal schedule now that our summer travels have come to an end and we are both at work. We've instituted the 4B routine - Boob, Bath, Book and Bed. Nighty night!

2 comments:

jannepone said...

I think you definitely should brag about her. You are her grounding; you are that from which she launches herself; you are the eyes in which she sees herself reflected. Who better to brag about her? Unless, of course, it is her grandmother....l

kitty said...

i love your attitude! glad things are going well.