Saturday, September 23, 2006

Pattern Crazy


Addie's crib linen set by DwellBaby

Wrapping paper used to line Addie's bookshelf

I was just checking out the blog of a friend of a friend of friend (see design mom blog link on sidebar) when I discovered the existence of my dream - a blog completely dedicated to print patterns. I LOVE PATTERNS. Then I noticed that so many of the amazing patterns - from plates, cups, linens, wallpaper whatever - have birds on them. I almost peed in my pants with excitement (which wouldn't totally be out of the question after having delivered an almost 8 lb baby. But I digress).

I need more cool patterns in my life. I adore bold graphics but get freaked out and think, "maybe something neutral would be better." Still, there are a few places in my house that I've overcome my fear and let my love of graphics shine. Two of those places are in Addie's world. Her pink damask crib linens continue to be my #1 favorite baby item (other then the baby herself). The second place winner is on the tall, skinny bookshelf we bought to house her books, some clothes and other sundry baby items in baskets. I lined the back of the bookshelf with this pink bird wrapping paper I found at a stationary store. As far as I've seen, most baby stuff is overwhelming ugly. I'm actually considering recovering the offensively heinous baby bouncer seat cover with a fun pink cowgirl print. Does that make me crazy?

5 comments:

Reid said...

i love it ... go cowgirl

kitty said...

dude, this is fantastic. do it.

Genevieve said...

I agree... it's great!

michelle said...

I love the bird print. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

prints are our way of being almost natural. love 'em. like arabian ceilings. you are so sane.