Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rock the Vote

Labor Day must signify the beginning of the Halloween season because our mailbox has been filling up with Halloween costume catalogs for a while. We are obviously on some demented baby mailing list, but while it does kill trees they are rather entertaining – hot dog, pizza or Hershey Kiss outfit anyone?

Between you and me, I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Like New Year's my expectations are rarely met and it ends up being too stressful and I find myself on the sofa anyway. However, this is Addie's first Halloween, and I'll be darned if we don't get that girl dressed up in some goofy outfit. While I'd love to think I could come up with a homemade costume, I'll probably end up getting something from one of these silly catalogs. One of my old favorite standbys is the somewhat ubiquitous but always cute Pea in the Pod costume. The worst one I've seen is a newborn soldier outfit, but I bet that puppy has made its rounds door to door in more parts of this country then I choose to believe.


So, help me decide and cast your vote on the sidebar!

(thanks Princess Genevieve for the poll idea!)

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I love baby costumes... hilarious. This one's my favorite: http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?origin=page.jsp&namespace=browse&event=link.itemDetails&categoryId=342679&&sku=25/4912&BP=7106&cm_mmc=Google-_-Halloween%20Costumes%202006-_-Baby%20Costumes-_-baby%20lobster%20costume

wow, that's a long link, sorry. But if you chose that one, be careful, as people might want to dip Addie in butter.