Friday, April 03, 2009

Gardening by the Yard

IMG_0578.JPG

Before this weekend's adventures, I best post last weekends!

We took advantage of springy spring days and headed outdoors. On Saturday I got ambitious, and Addie helped me plant 2 cherry tomato plants along with some basil and italian parsley in an abandoned terra cotta pot that has been in our yard since we moved in. Only a naive urban gardner would dig in the dirt decked out in a white skirt. I think this weekend I want to add a few more herbs - maybe dill and mint. Hmmm. I wonder if this means I'll have to cook one of these day.

_MG_0608.JPG
_MG_0629r.jpg

On Sunday, we went further field - all they way to Pasadena to the Kidspace museum to adopt a caterpillar. Addie named him Caterpillar, and I need to remind myself that we MUST build him a bigger home since he's already in the chrysalis stage. Kidspace is pretty awesome, but I don't think we'll make it back on the 18th for the butterfly release party. Maybe we'll just have our own!

We went with Jake and Chloe, and I'm taking it as a very, very good sign for impending Big Sisterdom, that Addie completely dotes on her half pint pal. She has a real fondness for babies and told me "Babies are funny." Addie gave Chloe a brush and showed her how to dust off the dirt on the dinosaur bones. Jake in turn showed Addie how to lick rosemary, always an important life skill.

More pics on the left too!

5 comments:

auntie snorg said...

Too Cute! i can't wait to see big and little sisters!!!

Pop-Pop said...

Oh to be in California for spring as we experience today on April 6 a 5" Snush storm. Way to go urban gardeners, can't wait to taste the herbed food Sarah and Addie will be cooking - Italian?

Mark said...

Don't forget the rosemary!

Gran said...

Where did Mark come from? Gran!

Janice said...

I love that sweater in the flikr pics!