Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Birthday (5 months)


Darn it if she ain't the cutest lil' thang around. Sometimes I just want to spread some cream cheese frosting on her and eat her up like a yummy cupcake.

This birthday we didn't celebrate with vaccinations - or cupcakes even. Instead we just said, "Hey, today Addie is 5 months old." 4-5 months is an amazing time in babyland. She is so cute, active and animated I can't believe it. We have such fun together, and I'm looking forward to this next month and seeing what new tricks she comes up with. Right now she's practicing sitting up, and she loves sticking out her tongue in a little point like a pink candy corn.

Speaking of candy corn, I made this ridiculous, but oh so festive, wreath. Yes, I did individually glue gun each candy corn to a foam wreath base. Yes, it does look like a sea anemone. And yes, I will not do this again next year.

6 comments:

jannepone said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

Genevieve said...

wow, that is some wreath. if you spray it with some sort of coating (which I'm sure you can find in Michaels) you can save it for next year.

Anonymous said...

Genevieve is right: you can also wrap Saran Wrap around it to cover and then put it in a freezer bag with as much air removed (use a straw to suck out the last of the air to reduce ice crystals forming) and seal and freeze. It'll be just as beautiful next fall! (Martha would be jealous, wouldn't she?)

jamie said...

or you can just eat the wreath... a little glue never hurt anyone, right? (oh, and happy 5 months sweet addie!)

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 months Addikins!

wow! cool wreath! I don't even have the time to carve a pumpkin! How the hell did you get around to that?! (I think I need another one of these "!" )

kitty said...

it's a gorgeous wreath. obviously you don't have a dog.