Sunday, October 29, 2006

Visiting my Family


Location: McHenry and Chicago, Illinois

Timeframe: October 18-22

Cast:
Super Cute Baby - Adelaide P.
Mommy - Sarah Q.
Gran - Cathy Q.
Uncle Brother - Andrew Q.
Auntie Snorg - Jennifer Q.
Pop Pop - Rod Q.
Nana - Nanci P.
Uncle D - Drew P.G.

I've FINALLY put all of the photos together from our trip to Chicago to visit my family. I want to say we went to Chicago, which is true; we did go to Chicago but only for 24 hours. The rest of the time we were at my Mom's place in McHenry which is located in the farmland of Illinois over 50 miles from Chicago. Can I still say Chicago? Anyway, there was family galore. My brother and sister were there and then Dad, Nanci and Drew drove down from Detroit to meet us in the city and for Drew to tour DePaul. I selfishly would love for him to end up there because the more family I can get in one place, the happier (and easier) it is to visit them. I still haven't made it to Alaska to visit Brother, nor have I been to NY in 2 years. Bad me.

I had such a wonderful time and Addie was spoiled (even though I don't believe you can spoil a baby) by all of the love and attention she got. We had lots of time to hang out at Gran's house, do 3 jigsaw puzzles, have amazing Gran-made food and drink lots of wine. I loved seeing Andrew and Jennifer read her books, feed her bottles and play with her. Of course, she loved it.



In Chicago, Gran took Addie and I to the Shedd Aquarium, and Addie was transfixed by all of the different yellow colored fish. Addie has excellent taste because yellow is very hip this season. Mom headed back home and then we met up with Dad and crew and my siblings. Addie shopped Michigan Avenue, had Chicago stuffed pizza, drinks at the Hilton and then slumbered somewhat peacefully at the luxurious Travelodge.



Dad and Gang had to head back first thing the next morning, so Andrew, Jennifer, Addie and I spent the day at the Museum of Contemporary Art checking out the Bruce Mau/Massive Change exhibit on sustainable design.



After that we drove back to McHenry to have a Thank-mas (Thanksgiving and Christmas) dinner complete with a turkey and all the trimmings. With all of us in different places, this was the chance to celebrate all of the holidays together. On Saturday, we cruised the antique shops in Richmond. Uncle Brother and Auntie Snorg took turns strolling Addie around while I checked out milk glass cake stands and creepy dolls - all around an awesome day! I'm not sure when I'll have the chance to be with all of my family again making this trip extra special.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

looks like a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos and reliving your visit. Those are definitely creepy Halloween doll photos though.