Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend with Grandpa Mit

This weekend we were honored with a visit from the Grand One, aka Mit. We hung out both days at Great Aunt Karen and Great Uncle Peter's place chowing down on munchies, drinking beer and wine, and chat chat chatting the day away. Addie is a lucky gal to have so many wonderful people around her.

Mit babysat on Saturday night, while Cap and I ducked out for a date. This is the first time we've done that since Addie was 6 weeks old, and we went to see Superman in the middle of the day. Afraid that I couldn't stay up late enough for dinner and a movie, we decided to just catch a movie - The Departed. Awesome movie. You have to go see it (unless you absolutely hate violent movies). Cap and I used to go see movies all the time, and we have really missed that luxury. While I was on maternity leave, I saw a movie once a week in the theater thanks to the Mommy Movies. It didn't even matter what was showing, I'd be there at 11 am on Tuesday, usually with Jeannine and baby Jake. We have got to find a regular babysitter.

Check out more photos from this weekend here.

UPDATE: I was just reminded that Cap and I have been on one other date back in July when we were in Tucson. Props to super Grandma Janne for babysitting on more then one occassion that trip. She even got Addie to snuggle up and nap on her shoulder which is a rare, but always wonderful, occurance!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

ok, seriously? you have the world's cutest baby. I love all the faces she makes.