Wednesday, October 25, 2006

material girl.5


Cap and I (okay, as the planner in the family it was really just me prompting this discussion) were thinking what we should get Addie for her first Christmas. I have it in my head that since it's her first, it needs to be extra special - translate: extra expensive. Even though she won't remember it and she has no idea what is going on, I still feel like i need to get her a special gift. Buying her a gift even seems foreign to me since we buy her stuff all the time and i don't really feel like it's a present.

If we had a boy, I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to resist those red flyer toys. Even though they should be gender neutral, they just didn't seem right - until i found this. It's pink. It's chrome. It's just so darn pretty. However, Cap tells me that this wouldn't actually be fun to play in. So, maybe we won't get this. After all, where in the heck would we put it? If I had a nursery, a back yard, maybe, big maybe. Instead she'll probably just get more clothes and a little $$$$ towards her college fund. (note to self: set up college fund)

2 comments:

jannepone said...

Cap is probably basing his opinion on his experience with the fire engine he had as a toddler. It was just too heavy to be much fun. And then when he went downhill in it, it was just plain dangerous. Unfortunately, by the time the children are big enough to handle them, they are too old to enjoy them.

michelle said...

I'm sighing...