Friday, January 26, 2007

Dada's Home!

Cap is back from 7 days at Sundance and his girls are very happy to have him home. I'm sure Cap is going through celebrity withdrawal after hanging out with (get ready for some name dropping) Parker Posey, Heather Graham, Molly Shannon, Peter Sarsgaard, Crispin Glover and Christina Ricci to name a few. I had a dream a few months back where Cap ran off with Drew Barrymore so I was pleased to hear she wasn't around.

Last night we celebrated my birthday with a decadent and romantic dinner at Chaya Brasserie in Beverly Hills. For dessert we shared a chocolate croissant bread pudding with caramel ice cream complete with a candle and a white chocolate sliver with Happy Birthday written on it in dark chocolate. I love edible birthday wishes. For lunch I went to Baja Fresh, announced that it was my birthday to the guy taking my order, and in celebration he gave me a card to get my next meal free. Then when I was helping myself to the salsa bar, they made an announcement over the intercom "Happy Birthday Sarah". I'm the local Baja Fresh Birthday Queen. I felt very special. I was told by a co-worker and new mom, "I can't believe you still care about your birthday." Well poo poo to you. I get one day a year where I feel entitled to a little cake and a free bean and cheese burrito.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Plus One Day! As much fun as Cap had at Sundance, and all the wonderful stories he has to share, I bet he was happiest to be back with his two leading ladies!

Your birthday sounds wonderful. I can see a market in white chocolate shavings. Happy Tuesday. TGIF. Feel Better Soon. Thank You. Thinking of You. Good Job. Nifty little things to leave on people's desks as random acts of kindness. And a money-maker for the chocolate company.

Everyone should be Queen for a Day. That is what makes birthdays fun. Your own special 24 hours, whether recognized by others or just oneself.

Genevieve said...

YAY! Sounds like you had a great birthday.

You should always care about your birthday. It's great to have one day where everyone has to be nice to you, you get presents, emails, comments, and phone calls, and you can eat whatever you feel like and not feel bad about it.