Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Countdown: Day 23

_MG_4165.JPG

S'mores (with a twist) by the fire.

We have had our few fires this season in our own fireplace. Addie wanted to make s'mores but we didn't have any chocolate. I thought about raiding her Advent calendar but then Cap came up with a new and even more festive idea - Peppermint Bark - which I bought at Trader Joes. Soooooooo good. Addie loved roasting the marshmallows but in the end gave them to us and only ate a plain marshmallow out of the bag. She's that way with desserts. She thinks she likes them but when it comes down to eating them, she enjoys the process more then the result. Loves making jello, pudding, cinammon rolls, cupcakes and cake but won't really eat them - except the frosting. She does love frosting.

I also decided that I haven't heard enough Christmas music - maybe because I shop online more than in malls, but tonight I had Cap download the Mormon Tabernacle Choir which I listened to growing up and then David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing "Little Drummer Boy" together which I remembered being a lot cooler than it is.

The antibiotics kicked in and I'm beginning to feel much better. I imagine I'll be able to actually eat Christmas Eve dinner. Hurrah!

No comments: