Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy 3 Months Miss Eliza!

_MG_4255.JPG

Look who is three months old already?! If this was Addie, I would be heading back to work already. I'm lucky this time that I won't be going back until January 4 and will have the holidays to spend at home. I'm also thankful that Addie loves her school and that I could selfishly have my days alone with Eliza and I, just like I got to have with Addie when she was a newborn.



I love that when Eliza wakes up from a nap and sees my face, she breaks into a huge smile. She loves to chat and as of this week, can roll over! I couldn't believe it although Addie achieved that milestone around the same time. Cap came into the bedroom Monday morning to tell me that Eliza rolled over. I thought he meant in her bassinet while she was sleeping, and I freaked out that she was going to suffocate. No, she rolled over on her play mat. There she was on her back and then Cap turned around and then she was on her tummy. I spent the next 4 days watching and waiting to see if she'd do it again. I was rewarded on Thursday when I caught this video. This was the first time I had seen her roll over. I don't know how to edit video yet so the first 2.5 minutes are her gearing up for the roll. You can see her technique. Raise the sail. Capsize. Then flip.

And how cute are Eliza and Cap together. Daddy's girl.

_MG_4241.JPG

_MG_4243.JPG

3 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

What a gorgeous girl. Roll baby roll!

Gran said...

Clever girl! And a life lesson attached: sometimes what we think we really want may not actually be so satisfying, once achieved. However, rolling back the other way can't be far down the road. And once she crawls, the world is hers!

auntie snorg said...

i LOVE that her feet are involved in the process of rolling over. Grab feet, twist, drop. Grab feet, twist, drop! She's TOO cute!