Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas Countdown: Day 7

_MG_4160.JPG

The Stocking Dilemma

For Addie's first Christmas, I had this cute polar bear stocking from Garnet Hill monogrammed with her name. My Mom also bought us these three gorgeous wool felt stockings by designer Ahna Holder the same year. Now that we have a fourth in our family, I wanted to get Eliza a matching stocking from Garnet Hill only to learn that they don't carry that style anymore. Okay, so maybe I'll get a fourth felt stocking instead. Guess what, the store where my Mom bought them doesn't carry them. I googled her and she stopped designing stockings in 2008 and now has a modern shed company. If I wanted a shed I'd be in luck!

I wouldn't mind an eclectic collection I suppose but 3 of the same, and 1 different is just messy and it pretty much annoys me that Addie's polar bear stocking faces the opposite direction from the others. At least we have a total of 4 stockings for Santa this year, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

6 comments:

Cap said...

You're better off tossing all the stockings in the fire and starting over, preferably Star Wars-themed. ;)

JB said...

These are some of the toughest things to figure out once baby 2 arrives - who knew? :)

Reid said...

You are so funny. And a good stocking is hard to find. I'd be worried about a mantel to hang them on.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I heard about your blog and I can probably help you out. You can email me at ahnaholder@comcast.net.
-ahna

Sarah Q said...

We have a mantel but I don't like those stocking holders because if Addie pulled on one she could knock her self out.

auntie snorg said...

Poor OCD sister - don't you remember the great Sesame Street Game, "One of these Kids is doing his own thing"... that's JUST like Addie - it wouldn't be right if her stocking was just like everyone else's!